Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I got 2008 mereceds e 220 kompressor red battery symbol

Customer Question

i got 2008 mereceds e 220 kompressor red battery symbol shows on dashboard alternator charging at 13.9 volt in ecu and at battery
JA: How many miles are on the car? Will the battery hold a charge?
Customer: 101,678
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: car start up roughly 10 second battery symbol shows on dash display
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: try new bosch alternator check wiring to ecu all seem fine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: car been sitting her a week cos timing chain slipped on it we had to take head off replace valves
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, in the states we do not have this model but you may have an auxiliary battery located in the engine bay under the dust filter housing on the passenger side of the engine bay, this is the battery that will set off the red light. are you aware of this battery?

this is the first thing i would check, in the states they removed the battery in 2006 so it may or may not still be installed so

let me know if you need more assistance, the battery under the hood works the interior electronics.

if not we need to constantly check voltage, the same warning will come on if the battery is charging more than 14.5, hope this helps , Lou P.