Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have smoke from the exhaust, which clears eventually

Hello, I have white...

Hello, I have white smoke from the exhaust, which clears eventually during the journey and the engine management light comes on occasionally, sometimes flashing. When its is flashing there is a power loss. Is this limp home mode and is it a possible turbo issue?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

About 187,000 on the clock and does 5-600 a week.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Well not sure, depends what it is i guess

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?

Don't think so

6/6/2016
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, when a engine light is flashing at you that means that there is a cylinder misfire and the engine will not run correctly, coupled with smoke and you either have a head gasket issue or a piston ring issue, either way please get it checked out sooner than later as more damage can occur it could also be from a failing turbo if it is leaking oil into the intake. hope this helps, Lou P.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician