Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

1999 e320 while driving started losing power like out of gear.After giving gas rpm goes up like car is in neutral.

Customer Question
Not move at all. After...
1999 e320 while driving started losing power like out of gear.After giving gas rpm goes up like car is in neutral. Not move at all. After shutdown started again put in gear. Car moves ok for few minutes then same problem startedIt's drives after shutdown and restart..
JA: How many miles are on the car? How old is the battery?
Customer: Battery is decent and have 120k
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Will try if possible
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
6/6/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 1 year ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Hello, it does this every time & do yo hear a buzzing noise ?

Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** transmission is going into limp home mode. This is usually caused by faulty speed sensors in the transmission. To repair the problem you will need to replace the conductor plate in the transmission which contains the speed sensors. You should get the car connected to a Mercedes diagnostic tester to read out the fault codes in the transmission control unit. If there are speed sensor codes the conductor plate will need to be replaced. The fluid level in the transmission should be checked first using the Mercedes 722.6 transmission dipstick tool.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.

Marty

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician