Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2005 MBZ E500 with 72k miles. The transmission will

Customer Question
occasionally get stuck in limp...
I have a 2005 MBZ E500 with 72k miles. The transmission will occasionally get stuck in limp mode. Also, sometimes I'll put the car in REVERSE and nothing happens. In both cases if I stop the car and restart the problem disappears until the next time. I'm told I need to replace the valve body. Is this correct?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No
JA: OK! The Mercedes Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: The transmission was serviced at 64k miles.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
5/31/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** you should not need to replace the valve body for these symptoms. What usually causes this problem is a fault with the transmission electronics plate. If you post the last 8 digits of your vin number I can give you an estimate of the replacement cost. Please don't forget to rate my service.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I never received credit from the website because you never rated my service. Are you satisfied with my help on this question?

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician