Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Esp says defective : driving on parkway it shows up .I got

Customer Question

esp says defective
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: driving on parkway it shows up .I got nervous and pulled over
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: whatever is easiest and cost effective
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mercedes Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: 2003 clk 500 250,000 miles
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. The esp is the traction system. It will not affect driving of the car. It will however not allow the abs to work. Usually it's because of a failed brake light pressure switch or a sensor in the system. The only way for me to know exactly what is happening is to get the fault codes read with a Mercedes scan tool. But a esp error is not going to make the car unsafe to drive. It will still run and shift as normal. Hope this information helps. If you are the kind to fix issues yourself then get me the codes and I can tell you the best options for repair. If not then have a shop check it out when you can. Hope this information helps. Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! 😉 Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.