Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

How do I open the trunk on a M s430 if key or inside switch

Customer Question

How do I open the trunk on a M B s430 if key or inside switch does not work
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting for my answer, pls respond
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello are you there?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Try spraying a small amount of lubricant into the key cylinder and work the key and see if this works.If it does not a lock smith or dealer tech will have to come out and open it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pete, I have tried lubricating the key hole many times- It DOES NOT WORK😩
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
In some cases this is the latch itself that fails and spraying a small amount of lubricant into it can help free it up for proper operation but in other cases the latch may need replaced.In this case a lock smith or dealer technician will have to come out and use their tools to open it.I have had to drill out the lock cylinder to manually release the latch then replace the latch if found to be faulty.Other then these options here there isnt a way to open the trunk. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much for a technician to come out?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Mercedes roadside assistance is free as long as you are in around a 30 mile radius I believe but to diagnose and repair this here they can charge by the hour which may run $100 or more to have this checked into and repaired.In some cases its cheaper to have a lock smith come out or drive the vehicle to a dealer or authorized repair center to have it repaired. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose that I will have take my car to a dealer, thanks for your time. R J
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome.Let me know if you need anything else here and feel free to rate my help if you like. Thanks Pete