Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Car won JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

Car won
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: won't shift out of park
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: need to, it's parked at grocery store
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007 MB S550
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007 MB S550 won't shift out of park.
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you still needing assistance? i realize the question has been here awhile, i just came online and seen your post, Lou
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car is stuck in grocery store parking lot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Won't change out of park. Assuming either BLS or aux battery... Is that probably right?
brake light switch yes,
aux battery is only used to put the shifter into park when the battery dies.
have you confirmed if the brake lights come on when pressing the brakes?
what does it say when pressing the shifter stalk?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warning lights on dash, doesn't do anything when I move the shifter up or down for reverse or drive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't checked tail lights but plan to go back and do that this evening, had to catch a ride home to take care of other matters. Planning to go back soon
right but does it say press the brake or anything? the other issue can be the steering column module or the shifter itself. they were all common.