Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2000 e320 sport model and lights on while driving then stopped

Customer Question
at gas station and won't...
2000 e320 sport model and lights on while driving then stopped at gas station and won't start won't even click over
Replaced stop lamp switch with extra i had in car
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Battery voltage 12.4 just tested
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuses check all good ecu fuse k40 relay???
5/7/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** you still need help with this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes i do the key can go in ignition and it will not shift out of park.. nor will it start when i put it in neutral with the shift flap
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I haven't checked voltage off battery when trying to turn it over
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have although had some problems with the battery
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Abs esp lights came on then it was sluggish then i stopped at gas station and then it didn't turn crank in position 3
Sorry about the wait I was offline last night when you replied. Have you checked the fuses in the K40 relay? The relay is located in the passenger side module box under the hood back near the hood hinge.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it similar to the older Mercedes ovp relay ?? 10 amp
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok 10 amp fuse blown. .got a new 10 amp started up..abs and esc light on ..did the left right to clear out codes.. turned off and tried restart ... no start fuse blown again .. any ideas?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cooling fan in ecu compartment? ? Do you know who would or where i would get a new one along with procedures?
Yes the most likely cause of the fuse blowing is the module box blower motor. You can disconnect the blower motor for now and see if the fuse still blows. I've attached some instructions below for accessing the blower motor. The blower motor is not that critical to the operation of the car or for the cooling of the modules. In my opinion you can just disconnect the motor. Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to pay me for helping you.Marty
Hi, I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. How are you doing? Did you get it figured out?
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician