Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

How can I open my gas tank when the key is not working?

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Is this one of those locking caps purchased aftermarket?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure what is the question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess no...
You wrote "How can I open my gas tank when the key is not working?"Ford vehicles do not come with gas caps that require a key. So I wrote "Is this one of those locking caps purchased aftermarket?"
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a Mercedes Benz E500 2003
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not a ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Your in the wrong category, I will opt out and move your post.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
24 hrs... Yea right!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You told me in minutes now it's hours!!!!
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, i can help you get the fuel door open, sorry you got stuck in the wrong category, are you still needing help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is saying that the display defected.. What can I do?
ok again sorry for what happened earlier, so you can access the back of the element for the fuel door lock, ok hold on
display defective is a totally different issue, lets start at the top, what all is going on with the car?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to text
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The trunk won't open, the gas gage won't read, the signal light won't work
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The light in the trunk won't come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The smart key won't work anymore
ok, all of those issues are related to the rear fuse box, was the car jump started or anything before this happened? if you have the metal key inside of your plastic key we can get into the trunk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes we jumped started it but in the process we miss the positive from the negative
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes I have it
ok that is what i was thinking , that is ok we can still fix this, it may cost a little but we can fix it, so give me a minute to get up the wiring diagrams, also i will tell you how to open the trunk,hang on a minute
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know how to open the trunk with the key
insert the key and turn it to the left in the trunk lock, while you are holding it to the left at the same time pull the trunk handle it will pop the trunk open
i am a slow typer :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I open it
one we get the trunk open we need to get a test light to check to see how many fuses blew, pull up the spare tire cover, you will see fuses in front of the battery in a block box as well as red wires coming out of it. do you have a test light?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have that light
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
ok. i am here
did you see all the red wires i am talking about?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So what do I do?
well you need a test light to see what fuses are blown in that rear black fuse box in front of the battery, then most likely you need to replace the fuse if available or replace the whole fuse block from a dealer. best case scenario just that fuse block was damaged and not the others.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok let me try that
ok , but that is your issue, let me know if you need anything else, please give me time to get back to you as i am always not at the computer but i try to be., Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.
have you had any luck?
hello checking back to make sure you made out ok. please let me know if there is anything i can help with and if you were satisfied with my answers. thanks, ***** *****