Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2007 Mercedes r350 with the check engine light

Customer Question
hello I have a 2007...
hello I have a 2007 Mercedes r350 with the check engine light on that codes that I have are 1208 (p0016), 0745 p0171, 2091 the mixture in the cylinder bank is too lean when idling. 0749(p0174) 1085(p0455) 2095 the mixture in the left cylinder bank is too when idling
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
5/4/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, the P0171 and P0174 are usually going to be caused by an intake leak, or a bad mass air flow sensor. I'd smoke test the intake for leaks and try a new MAF. The P0016 will usually be a bad camshaft adjuster magnet. I'd either swap the magnet with the one next to it to see if the code moves or just replace the magnet. The P0455 can be caused by a loose fuel filler cap or a leak in the canister purge system.Let me know if you need further assistance.Marty
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician