Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2006 ML350. One day my key fob just would not

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...
Hi. I have a 2006 ML350. One day my key fob just would not work... will not unlock or lock doors, when I put it in the ignition it won't turn. My spare key still works. I changed the battery but the key fob still doesn't work. There's been no damage to the key fob. Ideas?
JA: Dealing with a malfunctioning key fob can be frustrating and really inconvenient -- the mechanics will have somegood ideas about what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changing the battery. that is all. Now I'm googling trying to get some help.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: Not to my knowledge.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
5/3/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, my name is***** your spare key works this tells you that this is simply a defective key. The only thing you can try is taking the car to the Mercedes dealer and have them connect the car to the Mercedes tester to reprogram the key. Aside from that there is nothing that you can do and you will need to replace the key. I've seen the transponder coil on the circuit board of the key come loose in the past causing this problem.Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to credit me for taking your question.Marty
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician