Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

2001 Ml 430 fuse 22 keeps blowing and car will not start JA:

Customer Question
2001 Ml 430 fuse 22...
2001 Ml 430 fuse 22 keeps blowing and car will not start
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: fuse 22 has a direct short so wanted to see if someone has had this issue before I started to trace out sensors that are tied to this circuit
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YEs
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnect brake switch still short disconnect suction fan still short
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
5/1/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, sorry for the wait on this question. The best way to diagnose this is to lift up the fuse box and disconnect all of the leads from fuse 22 then reconnect them one by one until the fuse blows. Once you isolate the wire that is blowing the fuse you can trace the wire referencing the wiring diagram to locate your short. Possible causes are a short in the steering angle sensor circuit or in the canister shut off valve circuit or in the data ling connector circuit.Let me know if you need further assistance with this.Marty
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician