rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Locked keys in trunck JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

Locked keys in trunck
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2008 C300
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Aaa is here no luck
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: They where able to get the doors open. Alarm keeps going off.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.If you do not have a key fob or another key, your only choice is hiring a locksmith. Any other way would require doing damage to the vehicle. If you can't even access the cab of the car, you can always call the police to open the drivers door for you. That worked for me last year.Thanks, Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The doors are open. And a locksmith is here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Great, he should fix this for you.Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.Ron
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Csn you help me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The locksmith can't figure it out?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.
Okay, if he can't open your trunk then the locking mechanism must be broken and the only other access would be through the back seat being dismantled from a shop. I'm sorry this happened to you and hope it doesn't affect my rating.Thanks again, Ron