sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Lexus RX 330 I was driving on the interstate going

Customer Question

I have a Lexus RX 330 I was driving on the interstate going about 75 when steering wheel started shaking and the brakes started locking up it slowed down where I had to pull over what could cause this
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your RX330.Did any warning lights come on?What happened to the car after you pulled over, did you have to tow it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned it off set there a few minutes started it up and drove it home it was fine after that but it has done it twice since then
That's not good now is it. Did any warning lights come on?Have you had any work performed recently or in trying to fix this issue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No warning lights came on and no work has been done on it
Do you plan on trying to fix this yourself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It depends on what is wrong with it
Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 1 year ago.
what year is your lexus?
are you still wanting help with this problem?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!Dragging brakes will cause a vibration in some cases so odds are the steering wheel shake was just from the brake drag. A loose tie rod end could also contribute to the shake.Brake drag can come from a number of causes including calipers, pads that are physically stuck, collapsing hoses, or the master cylinder or ABS hydraulic control unit in more rare cases.Have you checked each wheel to see if one or more are hotter than the others when this happens?