Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 23 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing
12772297

230 kompressor sports sedan: What will let coolant fluid go

Customer Question

What will let coolant fluid go straight into engine on a c 230 mercedes kompressor with engine not running
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.has the engine ever been really hot?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes last year but had a new head and radiator installed and have had no problems until recently
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there ???
yes
ok..and the coolant gos straight to the oil now?
are you there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Must be rip off
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
hello another expert hereTim is correct in saying that a very likely source of water into the oil is a ruptered oil cooler as these are made up of many layers with oil and water running in between for cooling and they can corrode internally and split and then allow the two fluids to mixso I'd say to replace that next
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the help I will try that
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
understoodjust get back to me on this post
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.
Hido you still need help?Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you