Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Hey Marty, ***** ***** here. Working on my 1976 450 slc vacuum

Customer Question
lines that run from the...
Hey Marty, ***** ***** here. Working on my 1976 450 slc vacuum lines that run from the two units attached to the firewall. The one on the left has three ports, one with a red gasket. The right one has two ports and elec. plug connected. Here's what I need and don't need. I don't need a diagram to read, most of what I find on the web is incomplete, so lets not go there. What I need is some basic 10 year old direction. For instance, The unit on the left side of the firewall is called______ it has three ports. The port with red gasket runs over to _______ the left side port of that same unit goes to ________rightside port of that same unit goes to __________.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Don't forget about the right side unit on the firewall. I have a photo to send over.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
4/20/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online. In some cases you can obtain this info from a dealer or repair center on this model here and in some cases they may not charge for this info.If this has not been checked into I would see if you can obtain it this way.If this was already attempted or is not an option here let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Pete.
Appreciate your response. Here is my problem again, Have 1976 450 SLC with two vac units attached to the firewall (see Photo) I need to know what each vac unit name is, and where the vac lines run too (five vac lines in total)
What I need is some basic 10 year old direction. For instance, The unit on the left side of the firewall is called______ it has three ports. The port with red gasket runs over to _______ the left side port of that same unit goes to ________rightside port of that same unit runs to _____. Again with the same information with vac unit that's on the left side (two vac lines). Please don't send me any diagrams to look at. Most likely it will only show one Vac unit or no names of the vac units, or no names of where the lines all run to.
Thanks for any help,
Greg
I apologize for the delay. Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.Thanks Pete
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic