Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

S500: I have a 2001 s500 in excellent shape and the ECU was

Customer Question
I have a 2001 s500...
I have a 2001 s500 in excellent shape and the ECU was stolen. i also have another 2001 s500 parts car that runs and drives. can I use the parts from the parts car to fix my nice one ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
4/17/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, specifically which parts are you wanting to use from the parts car?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What ever parts are needed to get my other car running again
You are not giving me enough information. You said the ECU was stolen. Which ECU are you referring to? Why would someone steal only your ECU? What is the entire history on this problem?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I dont know why anyone would steal at maybe he is a low life ! will u help me or not. if not i want my money back. thanks
I'm afraid I am not going to be able to help with this one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I felt as much. Mercedes Benz mechanics are above average and well I gave it a shot with your organization. Thanks for trying.
Mercedes Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 1 year ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Hi, my name is***** can help you with this, if you still need help?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you understand I'm trying to use what ever parts in need from one car, to the get the other car running. The other mechanic Marty just didnt seem to .
You can use these parts, but they must be programmed to your Vin number, this requires a special scanner to do this, the dealer can do it, but most independant shops now have the capabilties to flash them also, and they are cheaper, but until yu have it flashed, it will NOT work,Tim
If you need more help , dont hesitate to ask, and please dot forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping, you can come back at anytime and ask follow ups at no charge,Thanks,Tim
Is there a reason you wont rate me??
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH