Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

E320: I have a problem on a 2000 E320 it cranks and runs for

Customer Question
I have a problem on...
I have a problem on a 2000 E320 it cranks and runs for 10 seconds the most then dies,usually it's more like 2 seconds running,i changed out the cps and it started and ran for almost a minute then just died again,i have fuel pressure and no codes,weird thing is if i step on the gas it instantly dies also i took off the MAF and it looks clean,left the MAF off and started the engine while blocking the intake hose and it ran for as long as i blocked the intake hose,anyone have any ideas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
4/13/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, it sounds like either a shorted MAF or a huge intake leak. Can you substitute a known good MAF for testing?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I checked that I changed the map and the csp. I have no leak in the intake
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
What's the fuel pressure?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it hat great pressure I changed the fuel pump and filter noting works
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my phone number is(###) ###-####please call me
I can call in a little while. You will need to accept the Premium service offer for a phone call.
Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician