How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lou P. master tech Your Own Question
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Category: Mercedes
Satisfied Customers: 4951
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
Type Your Mercedes Question Here...
Lou P. master tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a 2008 B200T. I live 1500km from the nearest benz mechanic.

Customer Question

I have a 2008 B200T. I live 1500km from the nearest benz mechanic. where I sometimes go for service. car shakes violently when accelerating then runs smooth when cruising. noticed fluid on driveway. car is up on hoist and cannot see any sign of fluid discharge but it looks as though there maybe a square plug missing from the flywheel housing. any suggestions where to look next.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: I think so.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mercedes Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: We had the transmission fluid changed a few months ago. can't think of anything else.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, if you only have a shake on acceleration, then i would think that you either have a cylinder misfiring or you have bad engine mounts, may i have your vin please?