Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

GL 450: Urgently required GL 450 / 550 parts and accessories 1.

Customer Question

Urgently required GL 450 / 550 parts and accessories
1. Can I find the chrome plated headlight switch dial base for GL 450 and 550 as replacement parts to buy in Paris where I am currently visiting. The switch base is not good with tropical weather. It tends to melt.
2. For the same reason there is need to to put chrome-plated rims at the base of the windows in my GL 450. They seem to have come as standard fixture in my GL 550.
3. Pneumatic Shock Absorber Baloons for both the GL 450 and GL 550
4. Are the new smartkey shells easier to open for battery replacement? If so can I buy one each for my GL450 and GL 550?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, what is your vin number ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VIN number 2008 450: 4JGBF71E48A416113
VIN number 2010 550: 4JGBF8GE4AA597782
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mr Lou P. Master. it the second day running now since your site appeared in my web search for mercedes-benz parts in the Paris area where I am currently on a short holiday. I should have waited for a satisfactory service of answers to the 4 questions I sent you for the required 4 replacement items before parting with my money but it was made compulsory to pay 42 Euros which I immediately paid because of the urgency of the requirement. Sadly I have received no answers. There are more demands for money but not even f my 4 questions aswered. you asked for my VIN no and I supplied for both of my cars. Now when do the answers come? I am not paying more than the 42 you asked me to pay before receiving answers to my 4 questions. If no answers come before tomorrow afternoon, I will take it that I am a victim to advanced fee fraud and take the necessary steps for legal redress.
I AM SO SORRY i am not usually this late, i had some personal issues so i apologize for locking your question to me, i am looking right now for the info, can you send me a picture of the chrome light bezel? i dont ever recall that being a oem mercedes option
here is the part number for the switch assembly and the plate (they come together) for the 2010 A1645453504 9116here is the part number for the switch assembly and the plate ( they come together ) for the 2008 A1645453004 9116 the 2 switches are not interchangeable as they have different software. so you must replace the switch with the oem part number.
front left chrome trim for windows A1646907380front right chrome trim for windows A1646907480left rear trim A1646906980right rear trim A1646907080
2010 front struts left and right A16432059132010 rear bags left and right A1663200325 2008 front struts left and right A16432061132008 rear bags left and right A1663200325 so the rears are the same but the fronts are different and cannot be interchanged
for the case , mercedes does not sell just the case they only sell the whole key, but here is a link to ebay where you can get a off brand of case, and there are youtube videos of how to take apart the keys. http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-3-Panic-Buttons-Remote-Key-Case-Shell-For-Mercedes-Benz-E-C-R-CL-GL-SL-CLK-SLK-/141638262633?fits=Year%3A2010%7CMake%3AMercedes-Benz&hash=item20fa4c5f69:g:cU4AAOSwBahVLiaZ&vxp=mtr
no i am a little unsure as if you wanted to know where to purchase the items from my answer is your closest Mercedes Benz dealer. i am in usa as most of our experts are, so i cannot really tell you where to purchase other than to search the internet with the part numbers provided. i know you can get the air struts and bags from www.arnottindustries.com out of florida usa, as for the trim strips and headlight switches the trim panel comes with the switch so the only option is to replace the entire switch. i hope the part numbers are helpful. again sorry for the delays . i attempted to help because no other expert did so i hope you take that into consideration. Lou P.
was my info helpful?