Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

E320: In backing up it becomes stiff and hard to steer what

Customer Question

In backing up it becomes stiff and hard to steer what would be causing the problem? It 2000 E 320 4matic
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.
Hello, are you saying the steering gets stiff? do you hear any noises? did the issue happen before or after fluid change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It happened before putting fluid in, I thought putting fluid in would solve the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to spend more money by calling you.
no worries on the call, it is auto message. ok so does the speed matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The speed doesn't matter I only wish you can come up with an answer.
ok you have a issue with your front control arms, you will need to have a shop inspect it. there must be excessive play in the control arms what makes the steering tighter when reversing, hope this helps. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.