Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Car = 2006 Mercedes-Benz, CLK350 Coupe. PROBLEM: Ever since

Customer Question

Car = 2006 Mercedes-Benz, CLK350 Coupe. PROBLEM: Ever since I bought the car 18 months ago, no one has been able to stop the car from vibrating, starting at 100 kph (60 mph). First tried with Winter tires = balancing, rotating and replacing two tires, etc. Now with Summer tires. Same process, even tire replacement = no change. This was repeated at THREE tire and rim shops.
And the solution is . . . ?
Peter F.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello couple of questions

1. does the vibration change when pressing the brakes
  2. can the vibration be felt in the steering wheel or the seat moreso
  3. do you hear it more or feel it more?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. No, it does not.
2. Seems to be more in the seat at the outset. Then at 120 kph, the vibration is very prominent and felt Everywhere.
3. Cannot hear it at 100 kph, but by 120, the whole car shakes and it can then be heard.

ok thanks for the reply!,

vibrations are the worst to diagnose over the internet so bear with me, so that tells me the vibration is coming from the center bearing or the rear of the car.

if the wheels and tires were replaced then the only other option is a bent wheel hub (thats what the rims mount on) or a bad driveshaft center support bearing,

do you know if they check either one?

any luck?