Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Jumper box was hooked up wrong and now the windshield wipers

Customer Question
hi jumper box was hooked...
hi jumper box was hooked up wrong and now the windshield wipers wont turn off or the headlight washers or the battery light wont go off
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
3/25/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, it sounds like the front sam control module has been shorted out . so you are saying the wipers continue to run and also the headlight washers?

will you try to fix yourself or what kind of info are you looking for.?

hello are you still needing assistance ? i am here to help if you need more assistance.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is that and how much is that part?

the front sam is the front fuse box in the engine bay. that fuse box is what controls the wipers and headlight washers . its the module that pretty much controls all the front end electronics. its about 800$ depending on the location of your dealer . you can buy them used fairly cheap on ebay, hope this helps.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No blown fuses and the scanner said that is what it was?? Any other suggestions

Explain again about the scanner?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician