Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Horn honking blowing constantly equal when I turn the key to

Customer Question

Horn honking blowing constantly equal when I turn the key to start my 1997 E320 Mercedes Benz,Mercedes dealer wants to charge 150.00 for Diagonal, then 150.00 hrs still problem found then parts and labor Wow! Price has went up
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Horn blowing while driving non stop,I have put in new fuses check Wiring Windshield wioers,Lights under the the hood,under back seat passenger side drivers side under fuse box on drivers side,under passengers side under right side light
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Robert, my name is***** you remove the fuse for the horn does the horn stop blowing?

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Are you still online?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive my first reply to you? If you remove the fuse for the horn does the horn stop blowing? 2

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could not find the fuses 40 41
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
horn still blows
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

The horn fuse is located in the module box on the passenger side under the hood. You need to remove the Phillips screws for the cover to access the fuses. Remove fuse 6 in the K40 relay for the horn. If the horn stops blowing with the fuse removed your horn switch in the steering wheel is probably shorted to ground. I've attached a picture below.

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Are you going to check the fuse now? Should I standby?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have to rest have Field Service in the morning JW.org try Web Site, can I call u when I wake up, need car for Witnessing the truth of the kingdom of JEHOV
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that's fine. I'll wait to hear from you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank u Marty
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, Robert