Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My c63s amg first edition car is practically brand new, when

Customer Question
I tried to back it...
My c63s amg first edition car is practically brand new, when I tried to back it out of the garage it just suddenly stopped and will no longer move in drive or reverse, won't accelerate anymore. On the screen the following would appear "risk of vehicle rolling transmission not in P" and "pre safe functions limited see owner's manual" and "active blind spot assist inoperative." Also, after a while the engine sign lit up. Please let me know why this is so and if I can just fix it without having to make my dealer take the car to their shop.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
3/21/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: FIXITMAN, Master Technician replied 1 year ago
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. Can you give me the year of the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2016
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Production year Dec 2015
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you identify the problem?

Thank you. This can occur for a couple of reasons. It can happen if the battery voltage in the system is low. If for some reason the battery was ran down then it can be charged and may get it working just fine again. Most of the time it is a failure in the electronic shifter. It does not happen that often on a vehicle this new, but it does happen. It can also occur if there is a programming issue, but that does not seem to be the case here. If the shifter has failed then it will need to be replaced and the new unit programmed to the vehicle. I am assuming that you still have a warranty on it, correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do, I was hoping it was just something I could easily fix but I will have the dealer pick up the car then. I don't think it's the battery since it's quite new

I doubt it also. From my experience this is almost always a premature failure in the electronic shifter assembly.

I am sorry that you had to have that done. It is very disappointing when something like this happens with a new car. Is there anything else i can assist you with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I guess I'll just have to wait for their feedback now, it's frustrating to go through this today in only a week after I got it and for the extra price I paid but thanks!
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician