Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

This is ***** ***** inhave a 1998 ml 320. When I am in the

Customer Question

Hello, this is ***** ***** inhave a 1998 ml 320. When I am in the idle position, it keeps shaking throughout the entire car and makes a rubbing noise. Also, while driving just now, it won't rev up pat 60 mph
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The check engine light is on has been on for a while I do know that 2 oxygen sensors need to be changed When the car is idling, it makes this crawling/rumbling noise Crackling/rumbling noise When driving over 60 it's fine and let's me go to 80 but then it begins to slow down and stays at 60mph. If I stop the car and restart it, shaking stops and let's me accelerate over 60 again but then does the same thing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it seems sometimes like the car when driving sort of like jumps forward or switches gears.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the fault codes re checked with a scan tool that can plug into your vehicle here and can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.You may have a restricted catalytic converter that can cause all of these issues here.I have had to replace the catalytic converters in the past before for this type of fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete