Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

This is ***** ***** inhave a 1998 ml 320. When I am in the…

Customer Question
Hello, this is *****...

Hello, this is ***** ***** inhave a 1998 ml 320. When I am in the idle position, it keeps shaking throughout the entire car and makes a rubbing noise. Also, while driving just now, it won't rev up pat 60 mph

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The check engine light is on has been on for a while I do know that 2 oxygen sensors need to be changed When the car is idling, it makes this crawling/rumbling noise Crackling/rumbling noise When driving over 60 it's fine and let's me go to 80 but then it begins to slow down and stays at 60mph. If I stop the car and restart it, shaking stops and let's me accelerate over 60 again but then does the same thing

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
it seems sometimes like the car when driving sort of like jumps forward or switches gears.
3/18/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would have the fault codes re checked with a scan tool that can plug into your vehicle here and can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.You may have a restricted catalytic converter that can cause all of these issues here.I have had to replace the catalytic converters in the past before for this type of fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic