Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The factory head unit has sound, but none of the other

Customer Question
The factory head unit...

The factory head unit has sound, but none of the other functions are working. Rear camera, navigation, steering wheel control, doesn't turn off when the door is opened.

Mechanic's Assistant: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

I went to install an aftermarket head unit designed for the car (AVIN Avant 2) The system works completely except there is no sound. After going through all the possible scenarios, Tech support is sending a new unit thinking maybe the system is bad. (I don't think that's it) Because when I went to reinstall the factory unit, it now has sound, but none of the other functions work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

The disconnect and reconnect was just a matter of a few plugs, so I've just been steering at thinking I've missed something. Lol.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?

Everything was working fine previously.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/18/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are sure everything is plugged in then thhis dose sound like a bad unit. Lets get the replacement installed and see if that solves the problem and if not post back and we can work from there if need be.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician