rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2003 e500 no crank the key will turn on and it will

Customer Question

I have a 2003 e500 no crank the key will turn on and it will shift but nothing when go to start positionq
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

This can be a security problem, but before we go there, let's check the ignition switch in and out it. We need power from the power distribution box to it and to the ignition and fuel system.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i check for power ? When i turn the key the dash lights come on but nothing when i go to start position.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You need to use a test light or DVOM and check for power going into and out of the ignition switch. The steering wheel will most likely need to be taken off, air bag disabled as well as the clock spring.Not very asy to do.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If i have a security issue how do i reset it
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

You can't, it has to be done with a scan tool from a shop.