Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

EVERYTHING I READ SAY FUSE BOX IN TRUNK MINE IS UNDER BACK

Customer Question
SEAT IM LOOKING FOR THE...
EVERYTHING I READ SAY FUSE BOX IN TRUNK MINE IS UNDER BACK SEAT IM LOOKING FOR THE FUEL PUMP WITH NO LUCK THUS FAR
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: THE CAR WAS IDLEIN IN THE YARD I WALKED OFF IT KINDA REVED UP AND DIED NOW WONT START
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: ITS NOT GETTIN FUEL
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?
Customer: CAN SPRAY FUEL IN BRETHER IT WILL CRANK UNTILL FUEL BURNS
JA: Our top Mercedes Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Mercedes Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Mercedes Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
3/16/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** year, make and model car is this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
E(###) ###-####
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U there

I'm here

The fuel pump fuse is in the fuse box under the back seat next to the battery. Fuse #6 is for the fuel pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know that every thing I read says fuse box is in trunk tank is under car that is not my case fuse box under seat and tank in trunk where is the fuel pump

There is a plastic cover over the pump that you will need to remove.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
K I'ma check it out and get bac to u in min

sounds good

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK found it here's deal I have to keep hitting it to keep running it will run stop I hit it it runs second stops over n over

Are you hitting the fuel pump?

Well assuming that there is 12 volts to the pump at all times when you are cranking the motor it would indicate a bad fuel pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wat if it is not

Possibly a bad relay. You need to measure the voltage to the pump when cranking the motor.

I have to step out for a little while. Let me know if you need further assistance and I will reply back when I return. Please remember that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit from the website for helping you.

I'm just following up with you on the Mercedes. How did you make out with it yesterday? Do you need anything else? Please remember that you must rate my service in order for me to receive credit from the website for helping you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took pump off and filter couldn't get ne one because they were closed.cleaned filter pump ran but when shut off it don't hold pr sure it leaks back down so have to prime bac up

Ok, are you going to replace the pump and filter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think filter was so clogged the pump was shutting off because of ptessure
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it the pump or the filter that keep fu el from draining bac when not running

It's both. The pump and the filter both have check valves in them.

Hi, I'm just following up with you on this question. I provided you with an answer but you never rated my service. You may not understand how the website works. Even though you have been charged by the website the website does not pay me my portion of the charge until you rate my service or reply back to me to let me know that you are satisfied with my help. Please take a moment to rate my service or reply back to me.

Thank you

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician