Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Battery is new,new alternator it starts and shuts down in…

Customer Question
battery is new,new alternator...

battery is new,new alternator it starts and shuts down in 5mins..did that yesterday also

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Its 2001 benz mercedes...like i said it starts but it shuts down in 5 mins...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

I tried thinking about gettting a mechanic to look at it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your car?

Not that i know of

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/11/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, what model are you working on ?

also why did you replace the alternator and battery?