Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 03 c230 conpressor 2 door 4 cyl automatic. Need…

Customer Question
Hi i have a 03...
Hi i have a 03 c230 conpressor 2 door 4 cyl automatic. Need info on how to replace front struts and labor time please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/7/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Randall C, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician

hello, book time is 3.2 hours for both sides, Really not too difficult removing the whole strut/spring unit it is after removal that one needs a strut press to compress the spring, then remove the top mount and spring, I have put the repair information, One shows the fasteners, one shows the order in which the upper /mount components go upon swapping them to the new strut