Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I have a 2005 Mercedes C230. It started having problems one

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Mercedes C230. It started having problems one day when I was driving back home. I tried to move from stop sign and it wouldn't accelerate when I hit the gas pedal. It wouldn't go more then 40mph. There was a loud whining/grinding noise during the drive. I drove for about 3miles and I had to stop at the rotary. When I hit the gas, the car wouldn't move at all, just loud whining noise. I shut off the car for couple of minutes, then started it again and it still had the same problem.-would't go more then 40 MPH, loud whining/grinding noise. The car would stop accelerating every 4 feet. I had to keep turning it off and on to get back home.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: ...I am Sebastian
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sebastian, you will need to get the car connected to a Mercedes tester to read out the fault codes in the engine control module and the transmission control module. It sounds like either the transmission is malfunctioning, possibly due to a faulty speed sensor or low fluid or internal wear, or the throttle control system is malfunctioning, possibly due to a faulty throttle pedal position sensor or a faulty electronic throttle actuator. The fault codes will point to the specific problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm just following up with you on this question. I see that you have not rated my service yet. Do you need further assistance? Please remember that if you do not rate my service I do not get paid. Ratings are very important to the experts. Even though you have paid the website the website does not pay me for my help unless you positively rate my service.