Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am reading about the positive terminal that you can use…

Customer Question
I am reading about...

I am reading about the positive terminal that you can use for jumping the battery... I cannot get the cover open. Any help?

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am trying to jump start my clk 320 battery is completely dead and I cannot open the trunk Trying to jump it off the positive terminal in the engine compartment Cannot open the cover on the terminal

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/6/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, the cover lifts open towards the motor. The front and rear end of the cover have the clips. You will need to pry the clips away from the box at the front and rear of the box and lift the cover up from the side that the cables enter.

Let me know how it goes.

Marty