Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Any one know why I get a code 2158 I think that's what the #

Customer Question
***** any way tool says...
Any one know why I get a code 2158 I think that's what the # ***** any way tool says no speed sensor from B I changed out speed sensor on trans but code comes back after you clear or says 2 codes both same and will clear 1 but leaves the other as soon as you rescan like it won't let you clear both so abs and track control is off still
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/6/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and make sure there is no wiring damage to the speed sensor(s) and if a wiring fault is found it will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.In some cases a pinched or damaged wire will cause this fault needing repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Mercedes Mechanic: ,  replied 2 years ago
Phone call session started