sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2011 Sprinter with Zero starts left and new def

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Sprinter with Zero starts left and new def level sensor but cannot find a way to reset the system The Van won't start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Zero starts on the dash and the van will not start, Def light is on the dash
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

After the problem is repaired then a scan tool needs to be used to reset the system and clear fault codes. You mentioned not being able to find a way to reset the system so I'm assuming a scan tool had not been used. This will require a high end aftermarket scan tool with the capability, or a dealer scan tool.