Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Sprinter with Zero starts left and new def…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Sprinter with Zero starts left and new def level sensor but cannot find a way to reset the system The Van won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Zero starts on the dash and the van will not start, Def light is on the dash

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/6/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

After the problem is repaired then a scan tool needs to be used to reset the system and clear fault codes. You mentioned not being able to find a way to reset the system so I'm assuming a scan tool had not been used. This will require a high end aftermarket scan tool with the capability, or a dealer scan tool.