Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

On a 2001 m/ airmatic rear axle tires are rubbing on rear…

Customer Question
on a 2001 m/b airmatic...
on a 2001 m/b airmatic rear axle tires are rubbing on rear fenders front seem to be good when i start car i can hear the air pump running but back doesn't move up off rear tires and pump stops after about 45 seconds or less got any good fixes .....thanks Dick
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/4/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello sir. Most times if more than one shock will not air up means either the compressor is failing and weak or the valve block is not working correctly. Can you tell me , when the compressor is working does it sound like a nice quiet humming noise ? Or does it sound like a coffee can full of marbles ? That would be the first indication of a failing compressor. Also the system kicks out the operation of it noticed that pressure did not build after a certain amount of time. Let me know I am excellent at airmatic issues. :)

Lou P

sir are you still needing assistance?