Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

What does the MB dealership typically charge to replace a…

Customer Question
What does the MB dealership...
What does the MB dealership typically charge to replace a lifting bridge on a 04 CLK320? Only one side is broken, but they suggested replacing both sides.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/3/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello are they just wanting to do the lifters or the rods or the whole assembly ? Cause it's rare to do the whole assembly.

The first guy said I needed to replace "the lifting bridge", the parts guy said it is rare to only need to replace one side so he ordered both sides just in case. He never mentioned anything about the rods.

Ok what is the problem that made them want to change that ?

My sun roof got stuck open. It had been making a clicking sound every time I opened it on the drivers' side. When it got stuck open, I took it by the dealership and they looked at it, got it to close and told me I needed the lifting bridge replaced
The bridge was visibly cracked on the drivers' side of the sun roof

Ok good thing I asked. Cause when you say lifting bridge first thing I think of is the lifter bridge in the engine. Ok so do they want to remove the sunroof and replace both sides I take it ?

Ok. What did they quote you ? I can compare it to our dealer in the morning.

I haven't gotten their quote, my usual mechanic told me he couldn't do it that it should be the dealer. I just want to know about how much to expect this repair to cost through the dealership

Oh ok makes sense. I'll get you a guesstimate. Since they can slightly vary from dealer to dealer.