Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

New key programmed by dealer car still will not crank 1998…

Customer Question
New key programmed by...

New key programmed by dealer car still will not crank 1998 ml 320

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The car has sat up for 5 months, i lost the key and just replaced it. The key came pre programmed and the car still will not crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes if i can. I have done work on my s600 and its not that hard.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing I just got the replacement key today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Mercedes Mechanic should know about your Mercedes?

It sat up 5 months, before that i had change the spark plugs the oil the air compressor. I don't think that its something big.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
3/2/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech replied 2 years ago
Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech

Hello , so does the starter turn the engine ?

No the car says nothing the lights light up but the car says nothing.