Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Marty. Have a 2011 ML350 and the latch that keep the lid on

Customer Question
Hello Marty. Have a 2011...
Hello Marty. Have a 2011 ML350 and the latch that keep the lid on the center console is stuck in the locked position. The basically requires yanking in the lid while putting pressure on the latch lever to ever so slightly move it so the lid will pop open.
The latch is probably repairable, but upon initial inspection, I can see how to get the latch off the lid. Can you offer help on removing and opening it up to see why it's stuck?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/2/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello Bert, can you give me your vin please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
4JGBB8GB8AA581697

ok thanks, ***** ***** a few minutes please :)

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/yktrnt1b2dar8/center_console_repair

Here is all the info for the console, i will check the parts catalog to see whats available, what i remember is you must buy the whole lid.

A1646800884

that is the part number for the latch, it is available separate. hope this helps. either something is broken internally or its binding, but a new latch is most likely needed.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I appreciate the part reference, but I need to know how to remove the exisiting latch. I don't see screws. It's not obvious. That's what I came here for, not a part reference please.

i gave you the instructions for removing the console assembly and lid.

i will see if they show the latch removal

those are all the instructions in the benz system for the center console. if you get the new latch you will most likely see how they are held in there. that is the best we can do, unless you send me some photos of the latch i can tell you how it may come apart, we do not have a ML in the shop at the moment.

.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Alright Lou, this did not work for me. I specifically asked for help in removing the latch or opening it up. You cannot answer either at the moment and a part number is ***** what I wanted as that was not my question and any MB parts department could give me that for free.Unless you can tell me how to remove the latch, I am not satisfied with spending $31 for a completely different answer. Please process a refund. I have not rated your answer on this yet and think it's best to get another expert who can tell me or get a refund please

well sir i did ask for a picture of your lid and the latch area and from there i can help.

also i took your question on because i know i can help and because no other expert attempted to help which means i am your only chance at this point, i promise i will not let you down ask the other 2,297 satisfied customers of mine. :)

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm in Phoenix and the car is in Miami. I have no picture at this time. I have no doubt you are an expert and very knowledgeable, but you must agree I didn't ask you for a part number. I specifically asked how to remove that latch.I will gladly send you a picture Sunday evening when I get back from my trip and we could continue from there to see if in fact you're able to help in this instance.There's no shame in not having the answer, there is only shame in asking me to pay for not having the answer.

haha, i have no shame, also lets say the latch is broken, you know what the next question would be ? cause i do, it would be, do you have a part number and price, so whats wrong with being proactive. i tell you what i did not spend the time to gather and send you all the documents if i did not think they would have been helpful in the long run, this is not my first rodeo. also i went over the info i sent you and it clearly tells you how to remove the latch, you lay the console on its cover and you simply pry the latch forward straight out away from the lid assembly. hope this helps.

Did you see the information where it tells how to remove the latch ? I also noticed years ago you asked another question about your car and never rate that expert. are you satisfied with the service ? Is there anything more or better I can do ? I am truly here to help.

is there any more info i can provide?

did you look over all the info i sent?

was it helpful?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician