MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Where is the fuse and number back up lights or trailer on a

Customer Question

where is the fuse and number for the back up lights or trailer on a 2013 GL 550?
When I back up my boat, it does not seem to engage the backup feature on my surge break.
Thanks,
Terry
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello. There are no fuses for the trailer lights. They are control module controlled. And there is no reverse light. Only stop , tail , and turn. Lou.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you get the trailer to engage the surge break while backing up with a trailer? It's hard to believe Mercedes doesn't have a work around.

We are a little behind the times but there is a optional trailer brake that can be retrofitted to the rear Sam which is the controller for the trailer. But that is about it. In not sure if that will do the same function.