Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Drivers door lock will not respond to Key Fob button to lock…

Customer Question
Drivers door lock will...

Drivers door lock will not respond to Key Fob button to lock but unlocks OK. All other locks respond. Door will lock with key inserted.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Not much to tell

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Probably not but the car is old and not worth spending a lot on

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/1/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.

what year and model are you working with?

C200 Classic Auto First registered March 17 1999
VIN # *****

ok, you have to replace the latch in the door, there is a vacuum element that pulls the lock down and pushes up with air pressure, it is leaking most likely or the line that goes to the latch is leaking. hope this helps. you will have to remove the door panel and access the latch and lines.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.