Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a cooling system issue with my 2000 S430, 110,000…

Customer Question
I have a cooling system...
I have a cooling system issue with my 2000 S430, 110,000 miles. The check coolant light keeps coming on. The coolant resiviour is always 50% to 100% full. I replaced the thermostsat and three of the major radiator hoses, so far. The car is not overheating. What do you think ? Thanks, ***** ***** Lancaster,PA
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/29/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello Leo, Lou P here

the coolant warning will come on for 3 reasons,

1. low coolant in reservoir
  2. a failed,failing,disconnected radiator fan assembly.
  3. failed coolant level sensor in reservoir

so if the coolant is full then the issue will be either the sensor in the reservoir or a failed fan assembly. you can tell if its the fan cause if you turn ac on high and the fan does not come on then the fan is the issue., MOST likely. hope this helps.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may recieve my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE 1 or 2 stars AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED ! Lou P.

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.

Hello. did you have a chance to go over the info i sent you?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician