Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My 2011 E Class convertible Sirus radio just stopped

Customer Question
working. "No Service" appeared...and...
My 2011 E Class convertible Sirus radio just stopped working. "No Service" appeared...and I am unable to change the stations. All other aspects of the radio/ navigation/blue tooth and phone connections continue to work. Is my problem with the Sirus Satellite company, or my vehicle. If with my car. . . . how difficult will the fix be? $ ?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not necessarily. . . . but I hate to take it to the dealership, as they are certain to find something else that needs repair.
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: No. . . .it's all perfect!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
2/29/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 1 year ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello. The first thing we can try before having to take it into the shop for diagnostics is to pull the fuse and reset the module. Pull fuse 84 in the rear fuse box in the trunk. Here is a layout. 84 is at the top in the green row. Hope this information helps. Let me know if the sat radio starts to work after you put the fuse back in.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician