Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My SUV rattles when I drive over rough roads. Where do I…

Customer Question
my SUV rattles when I...
my SUV rattles when I drive over rough roads. Where do I begin to look for the fault?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/28/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is***** noise come from front or rear of vehicle? Thanks.

I would say both front and rear. It sounds like a shock absorber is loose or something like that.
I dont notice anything wrong with the steering. It tracks fine and is responsive.

For problem to be in front and rear would mean you have more then 1 problem. The most common cause of rattling noise in front is worn stabilizer bushings which is about a 3 hour job shop rate and $100 for the parts so around $400 total at a shop depending on where you go. The shocks don't usually cause noise so I doubt that is it. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, maybe i can provide some better info, is this a ML mercedes ??