Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Marty.I have a 2003 c180 compressor right hand drive and the…

Customer Question
Hi Marty.I have a 2003...
Hi Marty.I have a 2003 c180 compressor right hand drive and the srs light is on. The fault indicates passenger seat airbag component R12/4 squib 1 has short circuit to ground. how do I fix this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/26/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.

the R12/4 squib will need to be checked to make sure it is plugged in correctly, also check the wiring for it to be chafed against any metak, one thing you do NOT want to do is NEVER use a meter or test light on the wiring, what kind of scanner are you using i can advise on how to use the scanner to test the circuit , Lou P.

the squib is the connection to the airbag under the passenger side of the dash above the glove box, was any work recently done?