Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Marty.I have a 2003 c180 compressor right hand drive and the

Customer Question

Hi Marty.I have a 2003 c180 compressor right hand drive and the srs light is on. The fault indicates passenger seat airbag component R12/4 squib 1 has short circuit to ground. how do I fix this.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.

the R12/4 squib will need to be checked to make sure it is plugged in correctly, also check the wiring for it to be chafed against any metak, one thing you do NOT want to do is NEVER use a meter or test light on the wiring, what kind of scanner are you using i can advise on how to use the scanner to test the circuit , Lou P.

the squib is the connection to the airbag under the passenger side of the dash above the glove box, was any work recently done?