Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a 2001 Mercedes E-3utton 320. EC button will not turn

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mercedes E-3utton 320. EC button will not turn off, a/c stop working, clutch not engaged, can't charge freon
JA: What model is your '01 Mercedes?
Customer: E-320
JA: Huh?
Customer: E-320
JA: Huh?
Customer: what's your question
JA: I hope not.
Customer: can you help with my 2001 E-320 Mercedes issue with EC button not turn off, A/C stop working since
JA: Nice car. The Mercedes Mechanic can help you with your '01 Mercedes. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: try to charge Freon (system not take). hold defrost and recycle button to reset not work. need to know how to reprogram A/C or turn off EC button
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Mercedes Mechanic now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello here are the instructions to read and erase codes from the head unit. Other than this the only way is to have the codes erased with a Mercedes Benz scan tool. Hope this information helps.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/ac-air-conditioner-diagnostics-with-trouble-codes-list/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to turn off EC switch which stay on together with 02 auto switch for that compressor doesn't engaged

i understand, did you not see the link i sent you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only want to know how to know how to have EC light turn off whenever the A/C auto switch is on.

ok, you must understand, if you turn on the ac and the EC light also comes on and will NOT go off when you press it , that means there is a issue with your air conditioning and you need to have the codes checked and erased.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
following your link; you mentioned press down arrow push button until "lo", this's a dual A/C; should I press both down arrow ?; I did one side then both arrow and there are none display showing "End" ,pressed auto button again ,intermittent DTC displayed without degree symbol.
Proceed to erase any code without degree symbol, press auto button no "dE L"show.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
by the way following your instruction to identify DTC, the LED in the circulate air push button will not blink.

Not all panels worked the same, if you could not access the fault codes then you will need a scan tool.