Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 Mercedes E-3utton 320. EC button will not turn…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 Mercedes E-3utton 320. EC button will not turn off, a/c stop working, clutch not engaged, can't charge freon

Mechanic's Assistant: What model is your '01 Mercedes?

E-320

Mechanic's Assistant: Huh?

E-320

Mechanic's Assistant: Huh?

What's your question

Mechanic's Assistant: I hope not.

Can you help with my 2001 E-320 Mercedes issue with EC button not turn off, A/C stop working since

Mechanic's Assistant: Nice car. The Mercedes Mechanic can help you with your '01 Mercedes. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Try to charge Freon (system not take). hold defrost and recycle button to reset not work. need to know how to reprogram A/C or turn off EC button

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you ready to speak with the Mercedes Mechanic now?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/25/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello here are the instructions to read and erase codes from the head unit. Other than this the only way is to have the codes erased with a Mercedes Benz scan tool. Hope this information helps.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/ac-air-conditioner-diagnostics-with-trouble-codes-list/

I need to turn off EC switch which stay on together with 02 auto switch for that compressor doesn't engaged

i understand, did you not see the link i sent you?

I only want to know how to know how to have EC light turn off whenever the A/C auto switch is on.

ok, you must understand, if you turn on the ac and the EC light also comes on and will NOT go off when you press it , that means there is a issue with your air conditioning and you need to have the codes checked and erased.

following your link; you mentioned press down arrow push button until "lo", this's a dual A/C; should I press both down arrow ?; I did one side then both arrow and there are none display showing "End" ,pressed auto button again ,intermittent DTC displayed without degree symbol.
Proceed to erase any code without degree symbol, press auto button no "dE L"show.
by the way following your instruction to identify DTC, the LED in the circulate air push button will not blink.

Not all panels worked the same, if you could not access the fault codes then you will need a scan tool.