Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm ***** *****. My 2000 S430 radio will not go into FM mode…

Customer Question
Hello. I'm ***** *****...

Hello. I'm ***** *****. My 2000 S430 radio will not go into FM mode since I cleared Suspension code (LR air valve is acting up) with a Mac Mentor. (coincidence?) I cleared code once before with no problem. It stays in WB mode, and digital readout says 00.0FM. CD player works fine. Pushing button to change to AM/FM silences sound for split second, then goes right back to WB. Even directly entering known local station will not change 00.0FM readout. Thanks for any help.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

All radio functions, EXCEPT AM and FM are working properly.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/25/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** am a professional here at justanswer and i noticed your question has not been answered yet. I hope i can still assist with your issue. Keep in mind i cannot see , touch, or hear what you may be experiencing but i have the automotive knowledge to assist you in the right direction.

Try pulling fuse 61 in the rear fuse box and see if it resets the radio. I'll send a picture of the box so you know where to look. Lou P

Hello Lou. Removed fuse with ign key on front seat. No change. Removed fuse with key in acc. position and radio on. Waited minimum 2 minutes. No change. Is exactly the same. (I pulled the correct fuse, radio went out)

Ok does your Mac scan tool read the audio system ?