Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Dead battery replaced 1998 Ml 320 no start cranks though,

Customer Question
Dead battery replaced 1998...

Dead battery replaced 1998 Ml 320 no start cranks though

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Yes had crank sensor camsemnsor and 2nd key made 2nd key cranks truck original door lock key will not crank engine also replaced fuel pump and filter 8k ago wats up with ths truck

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
ok where is answer for next step
I placed payment info but was not able to log in even though I did get email with reset password??
2/24/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician

Let us first try to find what is causing the engine not to start; is it lack of compression, spark, fuel pressure or injector pulse? Once we find which of those is missing, we can then focus on diagnosing the corresponding system and pinpointing the problem. Sounds good?

We should start by trying to start the engine with starting fluid; if it starts and runs momentarily, then we'll know compression and spark are good. If that's the case, then we'll need to test fuel pressure and injector pulse - we're looking for about 50 psi fuel pressure and a steady flash from a Noid light for injector pulse.

Please run those tests and get back to me with the results so we can continue.

Best Regards.