Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

03 mercedes sl 500 cut off on me while driving when i try to…

Customer Question
03 mercedes sl 500 cut...
03 mercedes sl 500 cut off on me while driving when i try to start it again it wont do anything, all the dash lights come on but will not turn over
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
2/23/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, so by "turn over" do you mean the engine cranks but it will not start?

No dont turn over at. All

ok, do you have any power in the car? does the dash light up? does the radio come on?

all that work

ok is there any warning in the dash?

was the car washed recently? rain? accident?

rain

OK how close did it rain to when your car died? same day ? right away? can you turn the key on and send me a few pictures of the dash so i can see any warnings?

At work right now got off at 3:30 but the lights on the dash come on just if u was starting the car

ok, the cars usually dont cut out and not crank unless the communication system failed, if that is the case there should be a few warnings on the dash.

can you open the hood and make sure the left and right fuse box covers are still on and secure?

Brake light warning light was on

brake pad warning or SBC brake warning

Brake pads

so other than checking the front and rear battery to make sure they are connected and good, and making sure the engine did not lock up on you , this will have to go to a shop to get a diagnostic done on it. that will be the best bet. without fault codes we are guessing at the issue. Lou

i cant do a phone call until after 4 illinois time, if that is ok then i will accept, but i would hate to take your money if the result is still going to the shop. so let me know what you want to do .

Ok I'll check that

ok so let me know, its also possible that since i did not accept the phone offer that another mechanic may so let me know asap what you want to do.

Ok I'll hold up on the phone call

ok that is fine by me

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may recieve my credit for assisting you. Thank you.