Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The anti-theft alarm system on my 2000 Benz S430 goes off…

Customer Question
The anti-theft alarm system on...
The anti-theft alarm system on my 2000 Benz S430 goes off and I am not able to disarm it via the usual (key lock or ignition switch). I found a fuse chart online that tells me that fuses #51 and 77 control the anti-theft alarm system, however, when I look in the fuse boxes under the hood and below the right rear seat the fuses are not numbered. I am told by a mechanic that fuses for the anti-theft alarm system is located in the auxiliary fuse box below the right rear seat. I am not able to find a fuse diagram to help. How can I disarm the system?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/23/2016
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 years ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, can you tell me if the alarm goes off if whether the car is locked or unlocked?

There is a alarm that is located under the passenger side fender near the body that acts up and goes off by itself, so we need to determine the scenario,. is it just the alarm that you hear or do you see the lights flashing as well??

when the alarm is NOT going off you need to remove the wheel and fender liner and then remove the alarm, the alarm has a internal battery so if you remove it while the alarm is going off the only way to shut it up is to drown it in a bucket of water :)

Please take a second and click the box and rate my service GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. If you feel I have not been helpful please DO NOT RATE BAD OR POOR AND WASTE YOUR MONEY , I will opt out to see if another expert can provide more or better assistance so you're not wasting your money!!. Thanks for choosing just answer. Lou. also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED !

Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou.

did you have a second to look over my information?

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician